Erotica author, aka Elspeth Potter, on Writing from the Inside

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

For the Love of My Netbook

Whenever Timmy falls into a well, my netbook comes to fetch me...well, no. Not really. But sometimes I feel like my Acer Aspire One has saved from from a dreadful fate.

For example, if I'm stuck in an airport, and it turns out my flight's been delayed for two hours. In some airports, there's a wireless network, so I can use the netbook to log in and send a cry into the wilderness of the internet. Or I might be able to use that two hours--which might stretch into three or four--to get some writing done. And if all else fails, I can surf the internet.

My netbook weighs considerably less than my elderly laptop, and is smaller to boot. If I've been carrying it all day, I don't feel as if I have a knapsack full of iron bars on my back. It's not such a burden when I'm sprinting across an airport to make my connection. I can carry it even if I'm not sure I'll need it. Sometimes, this results in me getting an extra couple of pages written on my lunch hour.

Besides all that, I think it's cute. It's little and cute. It makes me happy.

And anything that makes me eager to do a little writing can't help but be a good thing.

This is one like mine:

4 comments:

  1. I have one of these, but have not used it much yet. I got it for blogging and maybe a bit of writing while traveling... maybe to RWA... but now the credit crunch means I can't afford to go anywhere! Wah!

    I'm sure it'll come in useful in the future though. Certainly sounds like you get lots of use out of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also found it useful even when I'm just bumming around town--it's easier to spend an hour writing when the netbook is right to hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lust after those little netbooks. They fit so nicely into a handbag. I told myself if I ever got a contract...

    ReplyDelete