Erotica author, aka Elspeth Potter, on Writing from the Inside

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

History of WisCon

I'll be leaving for WisCon tomorrow, and after checking something on their website, I found this excellent page:

History of WisCon.

It contains a list of the past conventions and their guests of honor. For some, the guest of honor speeches are available as PDF downloads.

I highly recommend reading some of the speeches:

Carol Emshwiller.

Nalo Hopkinson.

Ursula K. LeGuin.

I hope some more of the recent speeches make it online soon.

3 comments:

  1. I love Ursula K. LeGuin. The Left Hand of Darkness was one of my all-time favorite books I ever had to read for school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her essay collections, too--she has a new one out from Acqueduct Press that I just bought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time, Victoria!
    Ursula K. LeGuin was one of my favorites growing up, too. :)

    ReplyDelete