Erotica author, aka Elspeth Potter, on Writing from the Inside

Friday, May 29, 2009

How Times Change!

How times change!

On this day in 2003, I noted in my journal that I wrote 183 words on the novel I was writing at the time.

That is, 183 words all day.

Now, I very, very rarely allow myself to stop after less than 500 words, and my more usual goal is at least 1000 words in an evening. Of course, now I have these things called "deadlines." And after years of tracking how many words I write, I have a much better idea of my capabilities.

Tomorrow, stop by for an excerpt from my next novel, Moonlight Mistress and links to excerpts by a list of other writers as part of Snippets Saturday. The theme for tomorrow is "First Kiss." I'll be participating in Snippets Saturday several times over the coming months; each one will feature a different theme, which I think is a really cool idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment