Erotica author, aka Elspeth Potter, on Writing from the Inside

Monday, January 25, 2010

Steampunk Leather


Professor Maelstromme's Steam Laboratory and Brute Force Studios were at Arisia this year, and kindly allowed me to take a few photos for my blog. Here's the Good Professor's blog: "Incorporating mildly dangerous artifacts into compelling jewelry". I didn't get a chance to meet her in person.

Behold the steam-robot. This picture is my favorite because it looks like he's lecturing the little robot. In bonus sepia for bonus steampunk-aura!

You can see hints of some of the corsetry for sale in the background.

This costume is even more amazingly intricate in person than in a photo. Those patterns are actually cutouts, the gold leather cut away to show the red leather beneath.

I was very tempted by some leather chokers and especially by a forearm-guard/communications device that was decorated with vintage typewriter keys, but I restrained myself. (I did visit it twice, though!) You can have a look at it here.

Being a science fiction fan means never having to say, "Where would I wear that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment