Erotica author, aka Elspeth Potter, on Writing from the Inside

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Readercon 2010

I have a new free read posted on my website, in PDF format: Camille, Henri, Maxime, an erotic outtake from The Duchess, Her Maid, The Groom & Their Lover. It was removed from the original submitted manuscript for pacing reasons. If you've ever heard me say, "I removed the sodomy for pacing reasons," this is the scene to which I was referring. It's an odd feeling for me to read over it now, particularly since I just finished an entire book with Maxime as the hero. The Duke & the Pirate Queen isn't the same kind of novel at all, despite being set in the same world. Or maybe it is. I don't know. Maybe I'll know once I have some distance from it.

Otherwise, today I'm attending Readercon, the conference on imaginative literature, twenty-first edition, and taking part in a number of panels, discussions, and the like.

My schedule is here.

You can read the panel descriptions here.

Recent Readercons past, the short version:

2009: No heat wave, no breakdowns, no tow truck, no last-minute boatlike rental car, no desperate attempts to keep driver awake! The drive was...uneventful. Shocking.

2008: Tom Purdom told me of the Age of Pulp, "when writers were iron and stories were wooden." Geoff Ryman pushed our luggage trolley. Andy Duncan signed my arm. Ellen Kushner ate my french fries.

2007: No one ever believes that Laura Kinsale's plots are real.

No comments:

Post a Comment