Erotica author, aka Elspeth Potter, on Writing from the Inside

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fascinating Faces

I adore looking at old photographs, particularly photographs of people.

I found this one on the web. It's of actress Marjorie Day. There's not a lot of information about her out there that I was able to find on a cursory search. But for my purposes, that doesn't really matter.

I feel like I know her from the photo, in a different way than knowing facts, in a kind of abstract way. It's a casual photograph, not overly posed, or so it seems to me. I feel like I have a glimpse of her personality from it.

I can't stop looking at her expression, at her stance. She's somebody. You can see it. She will probably show up in my fiction one day.

This Bassano photo in the National Portrait Gallery seems like it's of a different person.

1 comment: